Interesting name, huh! This is actually a site that helps to turn your site into mobile compatible site for easy browsing using the mobile phone or smart phone. So, if you have your own website or blog that you want to make it mobile compatible, use this…it’s so easy. Happy trying ! http://my.dudamobile.com/new
Latest Entries »
If you are tired of using the normal application to produce your presentation slides, why not try PREZI. It will help to make your presentation 10 times more interesting especially for your students. Go to http://prezi.com/ . You’ll be surprise with the result…Check out mine (produced based on paper produced with my supervisors) http://prezi.com/tgkr8rxtwg8a/
It was made known to me that there is an application that can check your writing. This is absolutely marvellous because before this some of us have to pay hundreds for a similar application. It helps you to check your ggrammar, plagiarism and also give suggestions for your piece of writing. This one, again, is free. Enjoy this….http://www.paperrater.com/
Technology advancement in handheld gadjets has made mobile learning to become something that is worth exploring in the field of teaching and learning of language. The temptation of owning the latest handphone is not only experienced by the working adults but also students. Changing one handphone to another has really become more prevalent nowadays even among teenagers. This has made m learning to be a potential approach in supporting the learning process. What do you think? and what makes m learning different from e learning that we used to hear?
To all language instructors, here are 75 online language learning resources I stumbled upon the net (source will be added later). Hope, they are useful.
I am absolutely amazed with the current Web 2.0 technology. It is simply wonderful, so much to explore and yet so little time to do so. It seems as if the are at least a few new applications appear each day to be explored…. simply amazing.
1. 101Languages.net – Learn basics like vowels, consonants, phrases and vocabulary for various languages like Arabic, Bambara, Cebuano, Estonian, Icelandic, Latvian and Serbian.
2. 123TeachMe.com – 123TeachMe offers free learning materials, including games, quizzes, vocabulary builders, mp3 study lists, RSS vocabulary lists and more for adults and children.
3. About.com – About.com offers access to various free language resources for French, Spanish and English.
4. AKTub.com – This site offers a free web-based Arabic typing tutor with a ton of cool features.
5. Apples4theTeacher.com – Free foreign language and American Sign Language resource for children.
6. AskOxford.com – Free language learning resources for French, German and Spanish are available including interactive exercises, sample material from dictionaries and more.
7. BabelNation.com – Free site that offers online language courses in Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.
8. BBC.co.uk – BBC offers free audio and video courses in French, German, Spanish, Greek, Chinese and more, as well as beginner’s courses.
9. BellEnglish.com – Free language-learning activities and games with a no-fee registration.
10. Byki.com – The site allows you to download free language-learning software to help you with over 70 languages right on your desktop.
11. Chinese-Outpost.com – Take free Chinese courses, find tutorials and utilize additional directories to learn the Chinese language.
12. DigitalDialects.com – Digital Dialects offers free use of interactive games to help learn nearly 60 languages.
13. Edufind.com – Resource for free access to language courses, online tests, software and language blogs. Videos
14. EFLWorksheets.com – This English language-learning tool offers free worksheets and online exercises.
15. EffectiveLanguageLearning.com – A ton of free language lessons (tips and strategies) for Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
16. eLanguage.com – While the site isn’t completely free, it does offer free resources for various languages, including grammar guides.
17. eLanguageSchool.net – A huge resource for learning multiple languages, including Dutch, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Korean and German.
18. EnglishBanana.com – Games, quizzes and additional links to help learn the English language.
19. Engoi.com – This site offers free exercises, games and online instruction to increase vocabulary retention.
20. ESLGold.com – ESLGold.com helps you practice the English language via their vocabulary pages, exercises, examples, quizzes, and even a few study buddies.
21. ESLMonkeys.com – Tools for those learning English as a second language, including free lessons, books, videos, quizzes, flash cards and interactive programs.
22. ExamEnglish.com – You can test your English language skills if you’re learning the language or studying for tests like the IELTS, TOEFL, CPE, CAE, FCE or PET.
23. Fonetiks.org – Find online pronunciation guides to varieties of the English language and nine other languages.
24. Forvo.com – A word pronunciation dictionary that offers words as pronounced by their native speakers.
25. FreeLang.net – Take advantage of free dictionaries, human translation and other useful resources to help you learn a number of languages.
26. FreeLanguage.org – This site offers videos, podcasts, written tutorials and more to learn over 30 languages, including Luxembourgish, Mandarin, Polish, Tagalog and Swahili.
27. Goethe-Verlag.com – Goethe-Verlag offers free language tests for such languages as Estonian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Czech, Croatian, Turkish, Arabic and Dutch.
28. Google Language Tools – While these tools don’t teach a language like the other sites, it does provide very handy translation options.
29. GuidetoJapanese.com – Basic guides to teach Japanese language grammar.
30. 1-Language.com – Free access to materials and resources that help learn the English language like flash games, word searches, language courses and a reading library.
31. ILUSS.it – Offers access to free online courses and resources for the self-learner who wants to study the Italian language.
32. InternetPolyglot.com – Tutorial slide shows, lessons by pictures and sounds, word translation assistance and games to help learn languages.
33. iTalki.com – Offers access to language teachers, language-exchange partners, discussion groups and other free resources for several languages, including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Hindi.
34. JapaneseLinks.net – List of mostly free links to websites that teach the Japanese language.
35. Languageguide.org – Free sound integrated resources to learn language basics like numbers, time, greetings and more.
36. Language-Learning-Advisor.com – This language-learning guide offers access to resources for dozens of languages, as wells aids, books, movies, music and more.
37. LanguageLearningLibrary.org – This site offers lessons for basics like grammar, common phrases, numbers, time and more in a number of languages.
38. LanguagesHome.com – This is a resource of translations from English to dozens of languages.
39. LearnEnglish.org.uk – Great site for both adults and kids to learn the English language through games and theme-based activities.
40. Learn-Korean.net – Learn the Korean language via free learning tools to help you speak and write.
41. LearningThai.com – Tons of free lessons and additional resources to help you learn the Thai language.
42. LingQ.com – This site offers free access to downloads, vocabulary assistance, a personal tutor and a live community. Must sign up for free account.
43. Linguanaut.com – Take advantage of free videos, phrases, alphabet and more for over 50 languages.
44. LiveandLearnLanguages.com – Podcasts, audio lessons, courses and dictionary reviews are available free of charge for dozens of languages.
45. LiveMocha.com – This site includes courses in 30 languages (over 160 lessons for each), helpful tips from native speakers and conversational learning lessons.
46. MangoLanguages.com – Mango is a free resource that teaches actual conversation skills for 12 different languages.
47. MultilingualBooks.com – This site offers free access to a variety of online courses and lessons for languages like Russian, Arabic, Dutch, Dari, Korean and Portuguese.
48. MyHappyPlanet.com – My Happy Planet connects users from around the world and allows them to send and receive messages to help learn respective languages from native tongues.
49. MyLanguageExchange.com – Find a partner within this online community to help you practice your second language with a native speaker who is learning your language.
50. NativLang.com – Learn to read and write English, Greek, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Latin and more.
51. Omniglot.com – This is a free language-learning resource that offers help with grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, writing skills, phrases and more.
52. OnlineFreeSpanish.com – Free games, music, activities and lessons to help learn the Spanish language.
53. OpenCulture.com – Free language resources, including lessons you can download to your mp3 player offered for 37 languages.
54. Parlo.com – While the site isn’t entirely free, it does offer one or two free courses each month at no cost.
55. Phrasebase.com – This is a free social networking site offering access to international language exchange partners.
56. Single-Serving.com – Learn essential phrases and words for travel, print them and even store them in an mp3 player to listen to them anywhere.
57. SinoSplice.com – This site teaches Mandarin Chinese language and offers correct pronunciation, vocabulary lists and more.
58. SpanishPrograms.com – Gain access to several free Spanish lessons and tutorials.
59. SpanishUnlimited.com – Learn Spanish then test your level with the language test divided into levels for those ranging from beginners to advanced.
60. SpeakOz.com – Learn the English language through a number of podcasts, videos, ebooks, dictionaries and articles.
61. StudySpanish.com – Free Spanish tutorials offered to help with vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and verbs. Travel guides and cultural notes also available.
62. TalkEnglish.com – Helps develop spoken English for business, travel and interviewing purposes.
63. TextKit.com – This site offers free resources to help you learn Ancient Greek and Latin.
64. Transcon.info – This site offers free text and audio content for current phrases in Africa, Iraq and other areas of the Middle East.
65. Transparent.com – Transparent offers a number of language-learning products, including free software to download, articles, games and a language-learning community you can join.
66. UniLang.org – UniLang offers tons of free resources, including language courses, videos, audio and podcasts, phrasebooks, stories, games, articles and other exercises.
67. UniversitiesandColleges.org – This free language resource offers podcasts, online college courses, iPhone/iPod Touch applications, and access to general language-learning sites.
68. VerbaLearn.com – Verba Learn helps people who want to improve their English vocabulary.
69. VistaWide.com – Free online dictionaries, translators, verb conjugators, lessons, courses and practical applications for those wanting to learn numerous languages.
70. Vocabulary.co.il – Fun games and activities to help build your English language vocabulary.
71. Vocabulix.com – This free tool offers over 90 predefined vocabulary lessons and allows you to create your own foreign language lessons to share with others.
72. WebGerman.com – Access to free online television from around the world as well as language picture dictionaries, language-learning libraries and more.
73. WomenLearnThai.com – Thai language learning courses, as well as other resources to help learn the language.
74. Word2Word.com – Word2Word.com is a free resources that offers access to help with over 115 languages, including links to online courses and other resources.
75. World-English.org – This site offers tons of resources for learning the English language, including tests, top English words, slang, fun facts, games and vocabulary.
The blend of IT in language teaching or in any other area of teaching or in fact training has become more prevalent these days. Let us explore some of these applications/tools, etc to give us ideas on how to blend our teaching with IT. Tell me if this list is useful!
I want a FREE:
- Easy-to-use and secure Internet browser? Firefox
- e-Mail system? Gmail
- Social bookmarking tool? del.icio.us
- Social bookmarking tool with collaborative learning features (groups, forums, etc.)? Diigo
- Tool that enables me to capture, visualize, organize and share my bookmarks? SimplyBox
- Tool to translate text or a webpage? Google Language Tools
- RSS reader? Omea Reader
- Online RSS reader? Google Reader
- Online Calendar? Google Calendar
- Tool to aggregate all my resources, mail, RSS feeds, etc, in one place? Netvibes, iGoogle or Pageflakes
- Platform to incorporate all my favorite tools within one environment? Elgg
- Learning Management System (LMS)? Easy, Moodle
- Hosted LMS? Here are SEVEN!
- Tool to assist me in evaluating and selecting a LMS? EduTools
- Learning Activity Management System? LAMS
- Collaboration tool? Connect with Ning
- Social Networking tool? Tricky one! Facebook
- Tool to create study groups and manage group projects? GroupTable
- Tool to keep track of my schoolwork (assignments)? Soshiku
- 3D online virtual world where I can socialize, connect and learn? Second Life
- Content Management System (CMS)? Joomla
- Tool to create my own website? Webnode
- Virtual Classroom? DimDim
- Hosted Virtual Classroom? WiZiQ
- Tool to broadcast myself to the world? USTREAM
- Tool to make calls from my computer? Skype
- Videoconferencing chat service? Vawkr
- Content authoring tool? How about two? eXe & CourseLab
- Alternative to Microsoft Office? OpenOffice
- Online suite of office tools? Google Docs or Zoho
- Tool that accurately converts my PowerPoint to Flash (including animations)? iSpring Free
- Web authoring tool alternative to FrontPage and Dreamweaver? NvU or KompoZer
- Personal online notebook? Google Notebook
- Blogging tool? WordPress! Why aren’t you using WordPress? Good Question!
- Blogging tool for educators? Edublogs
- Directory of edubloggers from around the world? International Edubloggers Directory
- Microblogging tool? Twitter
- Microblogging tool for education? Edmodo
- Microblogging tool for companies? Yammer
- Wiki tool? PBwiki
- Encyclopedia, which I can add to or edit? Wikipedia
- Community dedicated to collaborative development of free content? WikiEducator
- Audio recording tool? Audacity
- Tool to record and host my audio recordings online? Odeo Studio
- Tool to transform media into collaborative spaces with video, voice and text commenting? VoiceThread
- Tool for storytelling? Here are 50!
- Screencasting (recording) tool? Wink
- Hosted screencasting tool (more options)? Jing or Flowgram
- Mindmapping tool? FreeMind
- Tool to brainstorm and create mindmaps online? Bubbl.us or MindMeister
- Easy-to-learn 3D authoring software tool? Google SketchUp
- Alternative to 3D Studio Max? Blender
- Photo/image editing tool? GIMP or Picasa
- Online photo/image editing tool? Splashup
- Tool to create cool personalized images? Custom Sign Generator Widgets
- Image Resizer? Dosize
- Watermarking tool? uMark
- Screen Color Picker? ColorSchemer
- Tool to highlight text in a webpage? The Awesome Highlighter
- Tool to create flowcharts, diagrams, technical drawings? Gliffy
- Tool to create comics and cartoons? ToonDoo
- Tool to create animations? GoAnimate
- Tool to make screenshots from different browsers with one click? Browsershots
- Tool to create PDFs from any Windows program? PDFCreator
- Online file conversion tool (e.g. Word >PDF>PowerPoint)? Zamzar
- Tool to share my slides? SlideShare, SlideBoom or authorSTREAM
- Tool to share my videos? YouTube or TeacherTube
- Tool to share any type of file with unlimited storage capacity? Internet Archive
- Online science research sharing portal? SciVee
- Online community to share and discuss instructional teacher videos? TeacherTube
- Online community to share, discuss and learn about the uses of educational technology? EdTechTalk
- Online community to test my big ideas? Big Think
- Tool to download videos from any video sharing site (YouTube, Metacafe, etc.)? ClipNabber
- Self-publishing tool (books, papers, articles, etc)? Scribd
- Tool to share my pictures? Are you joking! Flickr
- Space to upload and share my files? eSnips
- File hosting solution that allows me to share files up to 250MB each? FileCrunch
- Online quiz tool? ClassMarker
- Tool to create interactive quizzes and puzzles? Hot Potatoes
- Tool to create web and print-based crossword puzzles? EclipseCrossword
- Inquiry-oriented lesson tool? WebQuest
- Multimedia flashcard software? MemoryLifter
- Online polling tool with a bit of fizzle? Polldaddy
- Online survey tool? Click here to choose!
- Tool to create Flash games (templates)? ClassTools.net
- Investment Simulation Game? Virtual Trader
- Interactive 3D business simulator? INNOV8
- Game to understand cancer better? Re-Mission
- Game to understand the scientific method and 21st Century Skills? River City
- Game to understand variable manipulations for urban management? SimCity
- Game to understand social studies better? Quest Atlantis
- Game to understand world hunger and efforts to alleviate it? WFP Foodforce
- Game to learn more vocabulary and help hungry people? Seriously! FreeRice
- Range of interactive tools to help me understand maths concepts? Shodor Interactivate
- Step-by-step math problem solver? Mathway
- Tool to publish my data online and create comparison tables? Tablefy
- Tool to create my own search engine tailored to my needs? Google Custom Search Engine
- Human-powered search engine? Mahalo
- Metasearch engine with visual display interfaces? What! Here is KartOO!
- Search engine that groups the results by topic via automated clustering technology? Vivisimo
- Science-specific search engine? Scirus
- All-in-one research search tool? Schoolr
- Tool to help me collect, manage, and cite my research sources? Zotero
- Tool that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to my website? Google Analytics
- Tool to search, discover, rank and compare different sites around the world? Alexa
- Tool to search the full text of books? Google Book Search
- Tool to search for scholarly literature? Google Scholar
- Tool to search for patents? Google Patent Search
- Tool that sends me email updates of the latest relevant Google results (e.g. e-Learning)? Google Alerts
- Energy saving search engine? Blackle
- Online visual dictionary and thesaurus? Visuwords
- World digital library? World Digital Library
- Tool to build and distribute my own digital library? Greenstone
- Site to find and search across all OpenCourseWare (OCW) courses? OpenCourseWare Consortium
- Repository and learning network of Open Educational Resources (OER)? OER Commons
- Site to get the latest updates on OER and OCW? OER Blogs
- Portal to non-formal OER and training resources? Open Training Platform
- Encyclopedia of video tutorials to help me learn any software? Edumax or Wikivid
- e-Book to learn more about e-learning 2.0? Learning 2.0 eBook
- Site to learn more about rapid e-learning? The Rapid e-Learning Blog
- Site to learn more about Online Course Development? Hitchhiker’s Guide to Course Development
- Crash course in learning theory? Click here!
- Database of Learning Theories? Click here & here!
- Tool to help me understand and use learning styles effectively? Learning Styles Online.com
- Repository of creative and critical thinking tools? Mycoted to the rescue!
- Route to learn more about the 21st century skills? Route 21
- Repository of how everything works? HowStuffWorks
- Repository of lectures from the world’s top scientists? Videolectures.NET
- Directory of academic open access repositories? OpenDOAR
- Site covering today’s top social, political, and tech issues? FORA.tv
- Site to improve my learning skills? Study Guides & Strategies
- Gaming tool to help me learn ICT? ReviseICT.co.uk
- Tool to improve my typing skills? Peter’s Online Typing Course
- Tool to improve my reading skills? ZAP Reader
- Interactive courseware to improve my workplace skills? ALISON
- Multimedia site that enhance our understanding of war and its history? Maps-of-War
- 3D human anatomy visualization tool? Visible Body
- Tool to learn languages? Mango
- Tool to explore the World? Google Earth
- Tool to explore the Universe? WorldWide Telescope
- Tool to visualize human development? Gapminder
- Tool to answer all my questions? Answer.com
- Site with talks by the world’s greatest thinkers and doers? TED is a good starting point!
- Article to reveal the secrets of the super-learners? Click here!
- Link to the most innovative web 2.0 (and 3.0) lab in the world? Google Labs
- Tool to stumble upon and discover great websites, videos, photos, etc. ? StumbleUpon
- Daily newsletter that keeps me updated with the latest news on online learning? Stephen’s OLDaily
- Site dedicated to tracking the changes occurring in education today? Open Education
- Site to update me on the latest free instructional resources for Higher Education? EduResources Weblog & Educational Technology
Presentation skills are compulsory course to most students of mine.
Report writing seems to be a must course to most university students. The ability to write well according to the correct format is obviously important. Writing is a process of transferring ideas into words to be shared with others.